San Antonio Divorce Preparation Tips
- Make an effort not to escalate things. If you have made the decision to divorce, the situation will be stressful enough. Avoid making any inflammatory statements to your soon be be ex-spouse.
- Keep things normal. Do not make any drastic changes, especially if there are children involved. Hold off on making any major purchases such as a new car or house.
- Stay off social media. Do not make any posts that could potentially be used against you in court. Adjust your setting to maximize your privacy.
- Prepare for the long haul. Divorces can take anywhere from a few months to a few years. Keep in mind the process could take a while with several appearances in court before its all over.
- Document. Gather all of your important documents and journal any important events that could be helpful for your case. Don’t rely on memory because you could lose important bits of information.
- Consult with an experienced attorney. Its important to plan out a good strategy for your specific situation on how to deal with the most important issues for your divorce.